[systemd-devel] troubleshooting different behaviour of systemd between f16 and f18

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Feb 13 06:50:17 PST 2013

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Parmentelat at 13/02/13 14:03 did gyre and
gimble:
> Hi Kay; thanks for taking the time to write this down
>
> I understand what you guys are saying; and at first sight I am on the
> safe side here though (as the name suggests, pl_sysinit will only
> mount filesystems and init network interfaces and the like)
>
> However your answers do not shed any light on the reason why
> pl_sysinit does not seem to be triggered *at all* (unless again this
> is only an artifact of the output policy)

Forgive me if I've missed this already, but have you checked/supplied
the output from:

 systemctl status pl_sysinit.service

??

If the ExecStartPre somehow returns non-zero, then ExecStart will not be
run.

The status output will tell you the return status of the ExecStartPre
command.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie