[systemd-devel] [v2] udev: Expose new ISO9660 props from libblkid

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Sat Feb 16 08:40:18 PST 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 05:39:54AM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:

>> +        } else if (streq(name, "SYSTEM_ID"))
>> +                udev_builtin_add_property(dev, test, "ID_FS_SYSTEM_ID", value);
>> +
>> +        else if (streq(name, "PUBLISHER_ID"))
>> +                udev_builtin_add_property(dev, test, "ID_FS_PUBLISHER_ID", value);
>> +
>> +        else if (streq(name, "APPLICATION_ID"))
>> +                udev_builtin_add_property(dev, test, "ID_FS_APPLICATION_ID", value);
>> +
>> +        else if (streq(name, "BOOT_SYSTEM_ID"))
>> +                udev_builtin_add_property(dev, test, "ID_FS_BOOT_SYSTEM_ID", value);

> iiuc, those strings are under the control of the FS creator.
> Shouldn't they be treated like e.g. LABEL and passed through
> blkid_safe_string and blkid_encode_string?

Yeah, they need to. I can do that when I merge it.

I still need to check with Karel first, because I think that doesn't
look like something we should export for iso9660 from libblkid:
   ID_FS_UUID=2012-05-22-20-55-32-00

It would not cause much trouble, but it really is no UUID in any usual
sense, and probably not very useful to export as a symlink in /dev.

Kay