[systemd-devel] loopback and dhclient advice please

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Feb 22 02:21:34 PST 2013

On Friday 22 February 2013 10:00:39 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> DHCP does not apply to the loopback device as the loopback is
> unconditionally configured to 127.0.0.1, and dynamic configuration is
> not necessary
Thanks for you information concerning the loopback interface.

But my question ANDed loopback and dhclient I know that loopback is not
related to dhcp.   The unanswered part of my question concerned dhclient.  Are
there unit files for dhclient and if not could you provide  suggestions how
one would create one?

thanks in advance
sincerely
luxInteg