[systemd-devel] SSL for gatewayd

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Wed Jan 16 12:07:22 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 07:11:31PM +0100, Holger Winkelmann wrote:
> Holger Winkelmann
> Travelping GmbH
> +49-171-5594745
>
> ### Sent from a mobile device. Sorry for brevity and typos... ###
>
> On 16.01.2013, at 18:54, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>

> > Am 16.01.2013 18:12, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> >> Sounds good!
> >>
> >> gntils is a pretty awful library, but the others aren't better, and it
> >> appears to be the right choice here.
> >
> > search for "openvas gnutls" and "openvas libmicrohttpd"
> > and you become an overview of the quality of both libraries
> Er had Some relative Good Results with PolarSSL and lately the fork tropicSSL
>
> I was Not following the full discussion here, any reasons against
> classic openSSL apart from size of the library
Hi,
well, we already use libmicrohttpd, and libmicrohttpd is already linked
against gnutls (in Fedora and Debian at least). So if one is using
libmicrohttpd, than it seems reasonable to stick to gnutls.

OTOH, libmicrohttpd is quite awful. I have been having a lot of
trouble integrating libmicrohttp in my own epoll loop. I would
be happy to replace it with something different.

Zbyszek