[systemd-devel] Forwarding early boot messages to rsyslog

Scott Shambarger scott-systemd at shambarger.net
Tue Jan 22 13:02:29 PST 2013

I'm running Fedora 17 with rsyslog, but since I also need to also
receive logs via UDP, I've updated rsyslog.service to include
After=network.target (so the private network binding works).

However, syslogs created before network.target aren't forwarded to
rsyslog when it's started (rsyslog is configured by default to listen on
/run/systemd/journal/syslog).

Is there a way to flush the logs to rsyslog (retaining the original log
source etc)? I'm guessing this would be useful even for regular rsyslog
startups since logs created before it starts would be similarly missed?

Thanks,
Scott