[systemd-devel] systemd-analyze-197 broken

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jan 23 12:45:43 PST 2013

On Wed, 23.01.13 12:43, Kok, Auke-jan H (auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com) wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Lennart Poettering
> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 23.01.13 12:03, Kok, Auke-jan H (auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com) wrote:

> >> I just updated to 3.8rc4 and still don't see this value -
> >> gummiboot-15-1-g9112053.
> >>
> >> I assume it's still floating in some git repo?
> >
> > You need a very recent kernel to have the "/sys/firmware/efi/efivars"
> > directory.
> >
> > And you need a very recent gummiboot to get the "Loader*" files in
> > them. Do you see any "Loader*" files in there?
>
> both /sys/firmware/efi/efvars and Loader* entries are all there, e.g.
> LoaderVersion* has "gummiboot 15" in it.
>
> I see Loader::ConfigTimeout, -DeviceIdentifier, -DevicePartUUID,
> -EntriesAuto/Default/Selected, -TimeExecUsec, -TimeInitUsec,
> -TimeMenuUsec and LoaderVersion
>
> maybe TicksExec is set conditionally?

Nah, the Ticks stuff is just the old version of
TimeExecUsec/TimeInitUsec. That's due to the rework Kay did regarding
TSC vs. usec values.

If you have these fields in the EFI vars then all you need is the
current git version of systemd and "systemd-analyze" should show you
firmware information.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.