[systemd-devel] Someone working on gui for multiseat?

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 02:40:00 PST 2013

2013/1/25 Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek at in.waw.pl>

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 02:59:34PM +0100, Stef Bon wrote:
> > 1. When dealing with a docking station (like those from  plugable) on a
> > laptop, the reason the user wants to use it, is to use a bigger screen
> and
> > a "real" keyboard and mouse. In this case you don't want a second session
> > (with greeter etc), but that the current session is at the same time
> > available on the docking station (and possible not available anymore on
> the
> > native screen).
> Hi,
> I think that it depends on the type of docking station. Things like
> Plugable UD-160-* are mostly used to create a new session.

Well yes most likely, but not always.
I know users and can imagine situations (as describe above) that also these
devices are used as docking station, not to create a new session.

It depends on the user/admin. So things should not be done automatically,
like it's done now, by setting the ID_AUTOSEAT to 1 for these devices.

Udev should first check the settings set by the administrator what to to
with these devices: an extra seat or a docking station.

Stef