[systemd-devel] dependencies between instances

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Sun Jan 27 22:39:42 PST 2013

Dear All,

I was trying to investigate this problem by my own eyeballs. After few
hours I am almost sure (I'd be glad to hear it from someone of greater
knowledge of systemd than me (which isn't that hard)) there is no link
enabling dependencies between units from PID 1 and user session, is
there?

On the other hand the user's instance shows devices and mounts on its
units list (as far as I can tell it enumerates them by wandering around
/sys and /proc/mounts).

I think it might be quite useful to enable cross instance dependencies
like this. For example the network.target (whatever that
means). Programmes started as services depending (After) on the
network.target need not to implement network detection on their own as
they won't be started before everything they expect (whatever that
means) is in place.

What is your opinion? Is it worth implementing (if it is not there and I
have missed something)?

--
Łukasz Stelmach
Software wizzard