[systemd-devel] Manpage updates

David Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Sun Jul 14 22:17:08 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh at inai.de> wrote:
> There is inherently no series possible, nor would I think that splitting
> {the single patch as emitted by the below recipe} into multiples by
> group of correction type (grammatical, typograhical, etc.) would offer
> benefit.

I clearly said "a patch or patch series," with "or" meaning that a
single patch is an acceptable option.

> do {
>         newly appeared commits = git remote update;
>         rebase local branch;
>         if (newly appeared commits have correctibles)
>                 edit correctibles;
>         if (patch big enough || patch old enough)
>                 send one patch;
>         sleep 86400+rand();
> } while (yo);

Please cut the snark; it's not welcome here. You sent your submission
into this list 12 days ago with no summary beyond what's obvious from
the diffstat. If you want feedback or to get your work committed,
provide it in a way that's easy to review. The established method on
this list is git send-email [1], though there's flexibility around
non-git unified diff patches, too.

Other members of this list may be more charitable, but I'm not going
to spend time cloning your repository, creating the patch, and posting
it here so it's convenient for everyone to review.

[1] https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-send-email.html