[systemd-devel] Manpage updates

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at inai.de
Mon Jul 15 01:23:12 PDT 2013

On Monday 2013-07-15 07:17, David Strauss wrote:
>On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh at inai.de> wrote:
>>[recipe on how I generated the patches]
>
>Please cut the snark; it's not welcome here. You sent your submission
>into this list 12 days ago with no summary beyond what's obvious from
>the diffstat.

That is not true. There is a, even if short, three-point list
summarizing the edits by category, above the diffstat in
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-July/011665.html
, just like git-send-email outputs it.

>If you want feedback or to get your work committed, provide it in a way
>that's easy to review. The established method on this list is git
>send-email [1], though there's flexibility around non-git unified diff
>patches, too. Other members of this list may be more charitable, but
>I'm not going to spend time cloning your repository, creating the
>patch, and posting it here so it's convenient for everyone to review.

Excuse me?! I did use git-send-email (together with --compose and
placing git-request-pull's output into the cover mail). If you do not
believe it, you should check the headers in the mbox file that mailman
keeps. In the archives, you will also see that the patch _was_ in fact
posted (011665.html) and not just a bare pull request (011664.html).