[systemd-devel] Manpage updates

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jul 15 03:28:06 PDT 2013

'Twas brillig, and Jan Engelhardt at 15/07/13 09:23 did gyre and gimble:
>> >If you want feedback or to get your work committed, provide it in a way
>> >that's easy to review. The established method on this list is git
>> >send-email [1], though there's flexibility around non-git unified diff
>> >patches, too. Other members of this list may be more charitable, but
>> >I'm not going to spend time cloning your repository, creating the
>> >patch, and posting it here so it's convenient for everyone to review.
> Excuse me?! I did use git-send-email (together with --compose and
> placing git-request-pull's output into the cover mail). If you do not
> believe it, you should check the headers in the mbox file that mailman
> keeps. In the archives, you will also see that the patch _was_ in fact
> posted (011665.html) and not just a bare pull request (011664.html).

Also Zbigniew already committed it just 12 hours after the initial post
so no need to do any further review (well, more review is obviously
always nice!)

I think some threading/mail client mixup on David's part has resulted in
him not seeing all that was posted to the list which was done pretty
much exactly how things should be done (the only confusion being the
cover mail which talked about another repo etc. but that's certainly not
"wrong"!)

All the best.

Col

--