[systemd-devel] runtime directories for services vs. tmpfiles

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 02:24:54 PDT 2013

2013/7/17 Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com>:
> If this scheme is not flexible enough to cover the vast majority of
> all cases (for services), then I fear we'd end up half of the services
> using RuntimeDirectory, the other half a tmpfile. And that imho would
> be even more confusing.

Could we have some stats from Fedora and/or Arch which have done a
(complete) migration to systemd, about how many services/packages
currently use a tmpfile and what they use in the tmpfile, i.e. if the
proposed scheme from Lennart would suffice say for 90+ % of them

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?