[systemd-devel] Does systemd have points to spend many times to complete its process?

Tony Seo tonyseo7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 03:49:29 PDT 2013

 Hello

I'm Tony Seo.

I've analyzed a plot resulted in systemd-analyze plot.

As you can see an attached image file, I got this image from my systemd.

While I have analyzed it, I have several questions.

1. what is "-.mount" ?

when I first saw "-.mout", I was confused how to configure it.

2. I doubt that there are critical points which make systemd more delayed
for several reasons.

I have tried to test my systemd for optimization in  perspective of time
consume.

So, I changed the order of unit dependency and sequence among units.

But I found that I may not reduce the time to activate getty.target,
multi-user.target and graphical.target.

And I doubt that there are critical points or span of stage to make the
systemd more delayed.

I want to know whether I'm wrong or not.

what do you think about it?

If you know some tip to improve a systemd in optimize perspective, could
you give some tips to make my systemd more fast?

3. I need a clear knowledge about transaction stage.

I read a manpage which introduces  a few contents of transaction, but I
would like to get more information about it.

Thanks,

Tony Seo