[systemd-devel] Does systemd have points to spend many times to complete its process?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 25 04:45:53 PDT 2013

Hello,

'Twas brillig, and Tony Seo at 25/07/13 11:49 did gyre and gimble:
> I've analyzed a plot resulted in systemd-analyze plot.
>
> As you can see an attached image file, I got this image from my systemd.

No image attached. THe mailing list likely stripped it out because it
was too large. As requested previously, please post it somewhere and
include a link here.

> While I have analyzed it, I have several questions.
>

> 1. what is "-.mount" ?
>
> when I first saw "-.mout", I was confused how to configure it.

This is you / mount point. It's synthesised from your fstab (all fstab
entries will have .mount units)

> 2. I doubt that there are critical points which make systemd more
> delayed for several reasons.
>
> I have tried to test my systemd for optimization in  perspective of time
> consume.
>
> So, I changed the order of unit dependency and sequence among units.
>
> But I found that I may not reduce the time to activate getty.target,
> multi-user.target and graphical.target.
>
> And I doubt that there are critical points or span of stage to make the
> systemd more delayed.
>
> I want to know whether I'm wrong or not.

I really don't know what you mean by the above and it's hard to see
without comparisons of different setups and options and their
corresponding plot outputs.

> If you know some tip to improve a systemd in optimize perspective, could
> you give some tips to make my systemd more fast?

Perhaps this:

http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Optimizations/

> 3. I need a clear knowledge about transaction stage.
>
> I read a manpage which introduces  a few contents of transaction, but I
> would like to get more information about it.

Again, I don't really know what you are asking here...

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie