[systemd-devel] seat-master example

Floris jkfloris at dds.nl
Sun Jun 2 06:07:25 PDT 2013

Op Sun, 02 Jun 2013 14:07:25 +0200 schreef Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no>:

> On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Floris <jkfloris at dds.nl> wrote:
>> on http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat/ there is
>> paragraph about udev-rules and the tag "master-of-seat". (or is it
>> renamed
>> to "seat-master"?) Nevertheless, can some give me an example of the udev
>> rule
>> how I can create a seat master?
>
> Have a look at the rule shipped with systemd [0].
>
> If you are using mainline graphics drivers this should just work
> without manual setup, so if it does not please let us know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom
>
> [0]:
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/src/login/71-seat.rules.in#n13>

And what should I add if I didn't use a mainline graphics driver or a
driver that
taints the kernel?

thanks

floris

In other words, yes I use the proprietary drivers from nvidia. I know it
is almost a
curse to say. And that the nvidia corporation s*cks, that Linus give them
the
finger and so on. But I also belief that the power of the open source
community/ software
is the possibility to work around these issues and be smarter and wiser.