[systemd-devel] systemd fails to build with static kmod library

Sun Jun 2 10:28:57 PDT 2013

Am 02.06.2013 18:56, schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
> El 02/06/13 11:06, Stephan Raue escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> systemd fails to build with using a statically libkmod.a:
>
> Sure it does, there is memdup, path_is_absolute and
> path_make_absolute_cmd symbols defined in systemd and kmod.
>
> As static libraries do not have symbol visibility, you will get
> collisions as expected.

ok, who is responsible for this? kmod or systemd?

> Do not use static linking, with systemd, ever, in fact do not use with
> any other component.

i dont agree, i some cases it makes sense. since udev is included in
systemd and udev has now its own buildins for the modprobe stuff it
should be possible to use kmod statically linked, esp. if no other
installed program uses kmod (and for our usage the kmod userspace
binarys are not neccessary)

Stephan