[systemd-devel] systemd-shutdown static linking

Ross Lagerwall rosslagerwall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 02:39:19 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:59:42AM +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 11.06.2013 10:34, schrieb Colin Guthrie:
> > Without reading the code etc., I'm running systemd with that commit
> > (v204) and I don't get any conflicts for my -.mount unit...
> >
> > So it seems that code is not run for me for whatever reason.
> >
> > After a very quick glance at the code, it could just be that the unit
> > already exists as it's created earlier and thus this bit of the code for
> > -.mount is simply not run?
>
> I think this code is only called when there is no -.mount unit, which
> results from a missing entry for / in fstab. It is entirely possible
> that Ross didn't add / to his fstab by accident or on purpose.

But I do have / in my fstab, it's shown in:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-June/011297.html

Here is part of systemctl dump:
-> Unit -.mount:
        Instance: n/a
        Unit Load State: loaded
        Unit Active State: active
        Inactive Exit Timestamp: Tue 2013-06-11 08:02:21 BST
        Active Enter Timestamp: Tue 2013-06-11 08:02:21 BST
        Active Exit Timestamp: n/a
        Inactive Enter Timestamp: n/a
        GC Check Good: yes
        Need Daemon Reload: no
        Name: -.mount
        Fragment Path: /run/systemd/generator/-.mount
        Source Path: /etc/fstab
        RequiredBy: local-fs.target
        Conflicts: umount.target
        Before: local-fs.target
        StopWhenUnneeded: no
        RefuseManualStart: yes
        RefuseManualStop: yes
        DefaultDependencies: no
        OnFailureIsolate: no
        IgnoreOnIsolate: yes
        IgnoreOnSnapshot: no
        ControlGroup: cpu:/system/-.mount
        ControlGroup: name=systemd:/system/-.mount
        Mount State: mounted
        Result: success
        Where: /
        What: /dev/sda2