[systemd-devel] bootchart issues on slow hardware

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Mar 18 14:46:33 PDT 2013

Am 18.03.2013 22:30, schrieb Holger Winkelmann:
> Just a quick note, Systemd is a core function on a core OS.
> and a coreOS is likely to be started from flash drives. We have
> i.e. ATCA devices starting from eUSB Sticks or even SD cards.

well, our ESXi starts also from a SD-card

/dev/md1       ext4   29G    6,4G   23G   23% /
/dev/md0       ext4  477M     30M  447M    7% /boot
/dev/md2       ext4  3,6T    1,6T  2,0T   44% /mnt/data

but you won't do this for such environments
with RAID10 and 3 RAID-devices over 4 disks

and yes such environments will be perfectly useable
and fast as long core-functions are not starting do
get developed in igorant way what hopefully won't happen

hint:
you will not reinstall such systems
you simply plug out all 4 disks and put them in
the new machine for many reasons

--

Reindl Harald
the lounge interactive design GmbH