[systemd-devel] Fedora 16 and upstart

Chinmay Mahata chinmay_mahata at rediffmail.com
Thu May 2 07:58:25 PDT 2013

Hi All,
    Sorry for asking such a noob question.

I am migrating my system from fedora 13 (fc13) to fedora 16 64-bit (fc16 x86_64) version. In fc13 all our module service scripts are written for upstart/initctl. In fc16, there is no upstart/initctl support any more, but there is systemd as the init system.

So my queries are:

1. Is there any way I can reuse my upstart initctl scripts in fc16 x86_64?
2. What are items/things I need to do in fc16 so that I can reuse the old initctl scripts?

Please help me out by sending me your solutions/suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--Chinmay