[systemd-devel] Fedora 16 and upstart

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Thu May 2 08:16:36 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Chinmay Mahata
<chinmay_mahata at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>     Sorry for asking such a noob question.
>
> I am migrating my system from fedora 13 (fc13) to fedora 16 64-bit (fc16 x86_64) version. In fc13 all our module service scripts are written for upstart/initctl. In fc16, there is no upstart/initctl support any more, but there is systemd as the init system.
>
> So my queries are:
>
> 1. Is there any way I can reuse my upstart initctl scripts in fc16 x86_64?

No.

> 2. What are items/things I need to do in fc16 so that I can reuse the old initctl scripts?

There is no facility to convert or read them on systemd systems, and
there is currently no known tool which does that, and there is no plan
to do that from systemd natively.

Upstart jobs/scripts cannot be used on systemd systems, they need be
converted to systemd service files (or old init scripts).

Kay