[systemd-devel] Fedora 16 and upstart

Chinmay Mahata chinmay_mahata at rediffmail.com
Fri May 3 12:06:15 PDT 2013

Hi,

    Thanks a lot, everybody for your support, for quick and valuable comments. So it is time for me to write the systemd service scripts (and bite the bullet !!! to be frank, I am not feeling much confident).

Now I have few queries (may sound like dumb questions).

1. How can I call user-defined shell(bash) functions from the service scripts in ExecStartPre and ExecStartPost sections?
   Like I have a shell file "/home/me/my_functions_file", inside it, there is a function "foo_function". I used different ways (below) in my scripts but all failed miserably.

EnvironmentFile=/home/me/my_functions_file
ExecStartPre=foo_function param1

----------
ExecStartPre=/bin/bash /home/me/my_functions_file; foo_function param1

ExecStartPre=/home/me/my_functions_file
ExecStartPre=foo_function param1

Nothing is working (strangely, not getting any error messages) !!!!

2. How can I run multiple instances of an executable with different arguments?

3. How can I use user-defined signals in the service scripts?

Please give me a few clues.

Best regards,
--Chinmay