[systemd-devel] Masking systemd-journal-flush and setting journal storage to persistent

Umut Tezduyar umut at tezduyar.com
Mon May 6 03:41:12 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have masked the systemd-journal-flush.service and set the
Storage=persistent in journald.conf. Then I have removed the
/var/log/journal folder. My expectation on next boot was to see the journal
files in /var/log/journal but they have stayed in /run/log/journal.

According to man journald, it shouldn't be necessary to send the SIGUSR1 as
systemd-journal-flush.service does. It was my expectation that systemd
would eventually carry journal to /var/.

I have tried this on systemd 202.

The reason why I am fiddling with systemd-journal-flush.service is this
service is taking quarter of a second (embedded system) of cpuacct even in
Storage=auto and I think quarter of a second is big just to do nothing
(Storage=auto). The only option for me is masking this service.

Thanks