[systemd-devel] Debugging systemd shutdown problem on openSuSE 12.3

Anton Aylward opensuse at antonaylward.com
Mon May 13 06:52:07 PDT 2013

Rainer Krienke said the following on 05/13/2013 09:28 AM:
> I i trouble on a openSuSE 12.3 system that is using autofs to mount
> users home directories and other shares. The system basically works fine.

Have you tried not using autofs and using systemd's automount facility
instead?  Its all in the manual pages and all can wok out of /etc/fstab
so you can do without extra programs and config files.

Systemd parses /etc/fstab for what local FS it has to mount so the
extensions to mount remote shares/NFS/CIFS is a pretty straight forward
thing that means all your FS management is centralised -  no special
cases.

Back when I had problems with autofs and systemd but they all went away
when I gave up on autofs.  Yes I had other decisions to make about boot
time and other parameters like buffer size (use default or specific),
nfs3 or nfs4, stuff like that, but the bottom line was that IT WORKS.

--
    "Nothing is more difficult to carry out, nor more doubtful of
     success, nor more dangerous to handle, than to initiate a new