[systemd-devel] Debugging systemd shutdown problem on openSuSE 12.3

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Mon May 13 07:31:02 PDT 2013

Am 13.05.2013 15:52, schrieb Anton Aylward:
> Rainer Krienke said the following on 05/13/2013 09:28 AM:
>> I i trouble on a openSuSE 12.3 system that is using autofs to mount
>> users home directories and other shares. The system basically works fine.
>
> Have you tried not using autofs and using systemd's automount facility
> instead?  Its all in the manual pages and all can wok out of /etc/fstab
> so you can do without extra programs and config files.
>
> Systemd parses /etc/fstab for what local FS it has to mount so the
> extensions to mount remote shares/NFS/CIFS is a pretty straight forward
> thing that means all your FS management is centralised -  no special cases.

Thanks for the hint. I just read systemd.automount. My first impression
is that systemd is not able to get its configuration data from network
sources like NIS or LDAP. Snice we have thousands of users and each day
some are deleted and added it would be impossible to put all this in
/etc/fstab on each linux system where a user might want to log in. So I
think this solution is not yet suitable for our environment.

Thanks
Rainer
--
Rainer Krienke, Uni Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, A22, Universitaetsstrasse  1
56070 Koblenz, http://userpages.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke, Tel: +49261287 1312