[systemd-devel] Scheme: Linux startup process with systemd

ScotXW shcsottrxw at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 15:19:27 PST 2013

Hi,

On 11/05/2013 12:01 AM, Kay Sievers wrote:
> Most of this is just misleading, plain wrong or backwards. Systemd is
> not in-between the kernel and applications, especially not for the
> ones you listed.

Yes it is, during the startup process! Y-axes represents the time, i.e.
the start of systemd predates the start of the other programs.

> And what's the point of these made-up names usoundd, ubusd? Never
> heard of them, and they will probably never exist in the future.

Just some consistent naming: [1] ;-)

> In its current state, this looks all too wrong and will probably
> create more confusion than it will help people to understand things.

Well, I will keep working on it anyway, this is your chance at making it
correct. Ok, no more unetworkd, usound, etc.
There are numbers from 1 to 8, any more precise stuff to make this
correct and useful to the Linux beginner? If someones know, what to
mention, that someone should be on this list, right?

Regards,
ScotX

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2010-April/012545.html