[systemd-devel] Scheme: Linux startup process with systemd

ScotXW shcsottrxw at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 11:49:03 PST 2013

On 11/05/2013 12:44 AM, Greg KH wrote:
>> On 11/05/2013 12:01 AM, Kay Sievers wrote:
> Why do "we" have to do anything here?  You are trying to document
> something that has been documented numerous times before, for no valid
> reason why it needs to be documented in this manner in the first place.

It doesn't. You do not have to. I would like to and I asked for your input.

> Please step back and try to describe what your goals are here.  You say
> that the extensive systemd documentation somehow is "too much" for you,
> why is that?  What is missing that would help you?  What problem are you
> trying to solve?

Na, a scheme like the one I created. ;-)

>> There are numbers from 1 to 8, any more precise stuff to make this
>> correct and useful to the Linux beginner? If someones know, what to
>> mention, that someone should be on this list, right?
>
> There is no need for any "Linux beginner" to care about systemd or the
> startup process.  If they really do, they aren't a "beginner" anymore...

We have to agree to disagree.

It is a pity that nobody on this entire list, wants to give me some
concrete ideas for the numbers 1 to 8 in the scheme [1]. :-O

Regards,
ScotX

[1]  https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Linux_startup_process_wip.svg