[systemd-devel] [systemd-bugs] Russian translation for systemd

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 07:10:26 PST 2013

2013/11/14 Juliette Tux <juliette.tux at gmail.com>:
> Proposed patch for adding Russian translation to systemd, see attachment

I have some remarks regarding translation consistency.

> +#: ../src/hostname/org.freedesktop.hostname1.policy.in.h:1
> +msgid "Set host name"
> +msgstr "Указать имя узла"
> +
> +#: ../src/hostname/org.freedesktop.hostname1.policy.in.h:2
> +msgid "Authentication is required to set the local host name."
> +msgstr "Для настройки имени локального узла требуется авторизация."
> +
> +#: ../src/hostname/org.freedesktop.hostname1.policy.in.h:3
> +msgid "Set static host name"
> +msgstr "Указать статическое имя узла"

You use two different Russian verbs (указать, настроить) for the same
English term "to set" when it is applied to host names.

> +#: ../src/hostname/org.freedesktop.hostname1.policy.in.h:4
> +msgid ""
> +"Authentication is required to set the statically configured local host name, "
> +"as well as the pretty host name."
> +msgstr ""
> +"Для настройки статического имени локального узла, а также чудесного "
> +"имени вашей машины, требуется авторизация."

I have never seen "pretty" translated as "чудесный" in such context
(where the meaning is "descriptive, meaningful"). Could you please
show some prior art?

> +#: ../src/login/org.freedesktop.login1.policy.in.h:5
> +msgid "Allow applications to inhibit system sleep"
> +msgstr "Разрешить приложениям блокировать спящий режим системы."

In all other places you use the word "активация" to designate the
transition into some other low-power state. Maybe it is a good idea to
use it here, too.

> +#: ../src/login/org.freedesktop.login1.policy.in.h:17
> +msgid "Allow applications to inhibit system handling of the lid switch"
> +msgstr ""
> +"Разрешить приложениям блокировать системную обработку "
> +"переключателя закрытия крышки"

I think it's an English-only idiom to talk about a "switch" here. So
no "переключателя".

> +#: ../src/timedate/org.freedesktop.timedate1.policy.in.h:7
> +msgid "Turn network time synchronization on or off"
> +msgstr "Включить/выключить синхронизацию с сетевым протоколом времени"

You don't synchronize with a protocol. Maybe: "Включить/выключить
синхронизацию времени по сети"?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov