[systemd-devel] [systemd-bugs] Russian translation for systemd

Juliette Tux juliette.tux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 07:43:39 PST 2013

On 14 November 2013 19:10, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at gmail.com> wrote:

> You use two different Russian verbs (указать, настроить) for the same
> English term "to set" when it is applied to host names.

It's called synonyms, to make a language little more... well, pretty :)

I have never seen "pretty" translated as "чудесный" in such context
> (where the meaning is "descriptive, meaningful"). Could you please
> show some prior art?

No, I'm afraid, this is kinda personal style. Haven't seen using 'pretty'
by devs in messages very often either ;)

In all other places you use the word "активация" to designate the
> transition into some other low-power state. Maybe it is a good idea to
> use it here, too.

Agreed, will fix this.

I think it's an English-only idiom to talk about a "switch" here. So
> no "переключателя".

Well, I've googled for use of this <<переключателя>> in Russian, seemed to be
quite usable, but agreed, too.

You don't synchronize with a protocol. Maybe: "Включить/выключить
> синхронизацию времени по сети"?

Ok :)

--
best regards,