[systemd-devel] [systemd-bugs] Russian translation for systemd

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 07:34:58 PST 2013

2013/11/15 Sergey Ptashnick <0comffdiz at inbox.ru>:
>  Пятница, 15 ноября 2013, 17:07 +04:00 от Juliette Tux <juliette.tux at gmail.com>:
>>Fixed version, see attachment.
>>And I'm done with it. Too much fuss about these 70 messages. Please just accept it, the translation is good.
>
> I'm sorry, but I can't agree with the last statement. This translation still requires some polishing.
>
> Several examples:
>
> 1. Настроить системные настройки клавиатуры
> Ugly tautology (настроить настройки) can be easily avoided without distortion of meaning: Настройка параметров клавиатуры

Right.

> 2. при наличии приложения, делающего запрос на блокировку
> This phrase is also ugly and confusing. Maybe, "при наличии приложения, запросившего блокировку"?

Yes, this is shorter and has the same meaning.

> 3. Чтобы перезагрузить систему при наличии других авторизованных в ней пользователей
> Continuing the previous discussions, "authorized" is not equal to "logged in".
> If user *can* log in into the system, he's authorized. If user actually logged in, he is... logged in.
> Maybe, "несмотря на то, что в системе работают другие пользователи"?

Yes.

> Perhaps it would be optimal if you take my version as a basis and remove "аутентификацию" from there as you like?
>
> P.S. Maybe I'm captious. Let's ask the other native speakers. Alexander, Andrey?

As a "would-be manager", I would ask just one thing: who is ready to
maintain the translation if new translatable strings are added to
systemd? The "And I'm done with it" indicates that the original
submitter is likely not ready for that.

As for the translation itself, from my own viewpoint, it is not good
enough to be a final version, but good enough to be commited in a
disabled state so that others can improve it. It is not a problem that
we can't make a perfect translation in just one commit.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov