[systemd-devel] Newbie question - Requires doesn't work properly

salil GK gksalil at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 22:57:44 PST 2013

Thanks David

The trick you suggested for point 3 may not work in my case. What happens
is - my process may be busy with some other activity during which time it
will fail to send periodic message to systemd. After a while it will come
out of it's loop and ready to serve. But during this time system would have
already marked the process as failed. As the has come back to it's regular
working state, I don't want to kill the process or restart the process. As
far as clients which are dependent on the service is concerned - service is
in good shape but for systemd it is in failed state. so I would like to
change the state of the service to active (running) at this time so that my
service management framework also would be in good shape.

Thanks
Salil