[systemd-devel] Improving the results shown with systemd-analyze blame

Umut Tezduyar Lindskog umut.tezduyar at axis.com
Sun Nov 24 03:44:33 PST 2013

Hi,

I think we can make the output of systemd-analyze blame more useful with cpu accounting information.

The output of systemd-analyze blame is not making so much sense when lots of programs are tried to be started at the same time since it is not known which program actually uses the cpu at any time. My propose is saving the cpuacct (if it is enabled of course) information throughout service activation and presenting the cpu usage information in systemd-analyze blame. We could even present the time it takes to activate a service / cpu time that is used to have information about overall cpu utilization.

Thoughts?

Thanks