[systemd-devel] moving from SysV to systemd - issue with / being ro

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Oct 17 05:59:37 PDT 2013

On 10/16/13 9:46 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 09:19:43PM +0200, Warpme wrote:
>> Maybe we should disable [re]mounting / by systemd at all?
> All systemd does, is call 'mount -o remount /'. I have no idea how you end
> up with a read-only filesystem.
>
> As a work-around, you can add
> /etc/systemd/system/systemd-remount-fs.service.d/90-remount.conf with
>
> [Service]
> ExecStartPost=mount -o remount,rw /
>
> and/or run systemd in debug mode (add systemd.log_level=debug on the kernel
> command line), to see what is going on.
>
> Zbyszek

Adding

/etc/systemd/system/systemd-remount-fs.service.d/90-remount.conf

not helps.

When I enable debugging by adding systemd.log_level=debug I'm receiving tons of messages about started/failed journal.
Probably due / being in ro mode.

Is it possible that ro issue is because I'm building systemd with minimal enabled features ?

My configure line is following:

	--disable-nls \
	--disable-gtk-doc \
	--disable-gtk-doc-html \