[systemd-devel] moving from SysV to systemd - issue with / being ro

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Oct 17 06:48:35 PDT 2013

Am 17.10.2013 14:59, schrieb Warpme:
> On 10/16/13 9:46 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 09:19:43PM +0200, Warpme wrote:
>>> Maybe we should disable [re]mounting / by systemd at all?
>> All systemd does, is call 'mount -o remount /'. I have no idea how you end
>> up with a read-only filesystem.
>>
>> As a work-around, you can add
>> /etc/systemd/system/systemd-remount-fs.service.d/90-remount.conf with
>>
>> [Service]
>> ExecStartPost=mount -o remount,rw /
>>
>> and/or run systemd in debug mode (add systemd.log_level=debug on the kernel
>> command line), to see what is going on.
>>
>> Zbyszek
>>
> Adding
>
> /etc/systemd/system/systemd-remount-fs.service.d/90-remount.conf
>
> not helps.
>
> When I enable debugging by adding systemd.log_level=debug I'm receiving tons of messages about started/failed journal.
> Probably due / being in ro mode.
>
> Is it possible that ro issue is because I'm building systemd with minimal enabled features ?

you should not disable configure options like a butcher and at least not from start
normally you build software with default options and try what you can remove and
change before things start to break horrible, not the other way

"--disable-pam  --disable-acl  --disable-xattr" is for sure not smart
adn many of the others are questionable if you are not on a embedded
device