[systemd-devel] kernel-install questions

Marc-Antoine Perennou Marc-Antoine at Perennou.com
Wed Sep 25 08:26:37 PDT 2013

On 26 September 2013 00:20, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Kay Sievers <kay at vrfy.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
>>> *) With /boot on fat, 'add' fails for me due to not being able to use
>>> "cp --preserve". How is this meant to work (or was it just not tested
>>> on fat)? Dropping "--preserve" makes it work for me.
>>
>> Hmm, no problems here:
>> # cp --preserve /etc/hostname /boot; echo $?
>> 0
>>
>> # rpm -q coreutils
>> coreutils-8.21-11.fc19.x86_64
>
> Hm, interesting. I'll figure out what's going wrong here.

FYI, here it fails with my kernel compiled as standards user and
kernel-install ran as root.
If I first copy the ekrnel as root and then kernel-install my
root-owned copy, it works.