[systemd-devel] Regarding the

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 30 02:42:49 PDT 2013

'Twas brillig, and abhishek sharma at 30/09/13 05:16 did gyre and gimble:
> Is there any service in the existing standard distribution, where I can
> get hands on these parameters ExecStartPre, ExecStart, ExecStartPost,
> ExecReload, ExecStop, ExecStop, ExecMainCode, signal result and
> ExecMainStatus under "Service Unit Objects".?

I'm not aware of standard services that use all of these because they
exist to cover various edge cases that are quite frequently unneeded in
a typical setup.

> Unfortunately not all the services implements these parameters, I
> searched many but could not find. I am currently using fedora 19 and
> want to get hands on these things to have better understanding.

Your best opertunity to understand these is to create some dummy units
of your own and play around with them.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie