[systemd-devel] journalctl --since today --follow weirdness

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 10:53:17 PDT 2014

Yeah, I see this with systemd 212.

And let me clarify a little bit: this delay after showing first 10 lines is
not a result of looking up for something;
Following lines appear as soon as there is something new in the log (that
is, actually what `-f` does).
So, here is what I see:

I type `journalctl --since today -f`.
First 10 lines from today appear.
As soon as something is written to log (e.g. I simulate this by
deliberately failing a `sudo` authentication)
all the remaining lines from today (including the new ones, of course)
appear.

That's clearly a bug.

--
Кирилл Елагин