[systemd-devel] Missing forked processes in 'systemctl status'

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Wed Aug 13 09:56:19 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 06:40:48PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Wed, 13.08.14 12:30, Leonid Isaev (lisaev at umail.iu.edu) wrote:
>
> > > What's the Type= of the units?
> >
> > netclt at .service is Type=oneshot:
> > ------
> > $ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/netctl at .service
> > [Unit]
> > Description=Networking for netctl profile %I
> > Documentation=man:netctl.profile(5)
> > Before=network.target netctl.service
> > Wants=network.target
> >
> > [Service]
> > Type=oneshot
> > RemainAfterExit=yes
> > ExecStart=/usr/lib/network/network start %I
> > ExecStop=/usr/lib/network/network stop %I
> > KillMode=none
>
> If processes stay around Type=oneshot is wrong really. Type=forking is
> more appropriate then.

Hmm. That's a good point...

I'll ask about this, but my (limited) understanding of the reasoning for this
choice is that network script does not always fork a process. For example,
setting up a macvlan does not require a daemon to hang around.

This still doesn't explain why systemctl misses the cgroup information...

Thanks,
--
Leonid Isaev
GPG fingerprints: DA92 034D B4A8 EC51 7EA6  20DF 9291 EE8A 043C B8C4