[systemd-devel] Make journalctl start at the end of the journal by default

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 08:33:47 PDT 2014

В Mon, 18 Aug 2014 16:42:52 +0200
Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> пишет:

> I am pretty sure doing the auto-paging thing (the same way as git, and
> others do it) improves end-user experience for most people. I mean, I
> think having arrow keys is the common case. Not having them is the rare
> exception...

It's not only whether keys are available but also terminal size.
Personally I find default (lack of) line wrapping quite annoying - I'm
still have to use small notebook with relatively tiny terminal size and
default behavior means permanent scrolling right and left to see
message itself and its timestamp (or origin) etc.

I think line wrapping by default is really more user friendly - with
small terminal it allows you to use whole message at once and with
large terminal most lines probably fit in the width anyway so there will
be no difference.