[systemd-devel] Logind error - Failed to abandon session scope: Connection reset

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Aug 19 04:11:33 PDT 2014

On Tue, 19.08.14 10:42, Roger Qiu (roger.qiu at polycademy.com) wrote:

Heya,

> I'm not familiar with the SystemD codebase
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd so I don't where I could patch
> the error message.
>
> On the other hand, is the kdbus production ready even though it
> hasn't been merged into the kernel?

No it is not. We are currently rebasing it on the new memfd kernel
primitive that we managed to get into the 3.17 kernel.

The code is pretty comprehensive now, but the interfaces and the code
are still subject to change before we push it upstream.

The userspace side of it lives in systemd, but you have to acknowledge
that you are aware that it isn't stable yet by passing "--enable-kdbus"
to configure.

> I'm curious what would be the procedure to install kdbus
> (https://github.com/gregkh/kdbus) and replace my current userspace
> systemd?
>
> There doesn't seem to be any guides/documentation on that area.

You shouldn only do that if you are a developer and know what you do.