[systemd-devel] Logind error - Failed to abandon session scope: Connection reset

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Aug 19 04:02:55 PDT 2014

Roger Qiu wrote on 19/08/14 01:42:
> Hello Lennart,
>
> I'm not familiar with the SystemD codebase

FYI, it's "systemd" not "SystemD" or "systemD". Hardly a big deal, but
figured I'd correct while nitpicking other bits.

> https://github.com/systemd/systemd so I don't where I could patch the
> error message.

Note that the primary repository is not on GitHub. GitHub is just a
mirror that syncs automatically after successful CI builds.

The primary repo is: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/

> On the other hand, is the kdbus production ready even though it hasn't
> been merged into the kernel?
>
> I'm curious what would be the procedure to install kdbus
> (https://github.com/gregkh/kdbus) and replace my current userspace systemd?

This too is not the primary code repo. It's currently kept primarily on
https://code.google.com/p/d-bus/ and synced to Greg's repo regularly.

> There doesn't seem to be any guides/documentation on that area.

I'll let Lennart reply, with more details, but I suspect it's not quite
ready for production use yet and API stability is not fully guaranteed
until it's merged! I'm sure they'd welcome some more testers putting it
through it's paces tho', but be prepared for adapting your side as it
progresses! :)

That said, unless you are really interested in this solution for other
reasons, it seems like rather large hammer to crack this particular walnut!

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie