[systemd-devel] systemd-216: using nss-resolve

Vladimir Elisseev vovan at vovan.nl
Mon Aug 25 01:59:01 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to use nss-resolve instead of nss_dns and have several issues:
- I'm using "Domains" in the [Network] section and systemd-resolved creates the "search ..." entry  in /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf properly. However resolving short host names doesn't work (I've tried systemd-resolve-host as well as using "resolve" in /etc/nsswitch.conf)
- I'm curious hot to set FQDN of de local machine with nss_resolve: "hostname -f" returns only short host name as specified in /etc/hostname

I'd appreciate any useful tips regarding the issues above.

Thanks in advance,
Vlad.