[systemd-devel] loginctl - multi-seats

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Aug 25 10:14:14 PDT 2014

On Sat, 23.08.14 17:00, Damian Ivanov (damianatorrpm at gmail.com) wrote:

> With right distro I mean which carry the patches so the multiseat
> stuff works. Don't know if Arch has them. Last time I tried gdm was
> _required_ for a graphical multi-seat session.

I worked with Ray to get support for this into gdm, I am not sure
whether any other DM was ever updated to support this too.

If you are interested in making this work with other DMs, please work
with the projects in question and point them to the docs:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/writing-display-managers/

I even handed out multi-seat hw to a couple of projects for free, to
make this easy, but I am not sure anything ever came out of it.