[systemd-devel] make systemd service takes cpu exclusively

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Dec 1 17:21:07 PST 2014

On Wed, 19.11.14 20:05, Andrei Borzenkov (arvidjaar at gmail.com) wrote:

> В Tue, 18 Nov 2014 06:25:43 +0000
> "Cao, XinX" <xinx.cao at intel.com> пишет:
>
> > Hi, Umut  & David,
> >
> > 	My project needs the Graphical desktop to display on monitor as fast as possible, but I found lots of unrelated services( such as sound, network, ... ) are competing CPU even they are explicitly After graphical service. And this competion delays the startup of graphical desktop process. So, my opinion is to make graphical related programs runs first and  the other unrelated services only starts after graphical program finished startup.
>
> Let me guess. Your Graphical desktop is defined of simple or forking,
> right? So from systemd point of view service is started as soon as
> process is forked and it proceeds with starting further service defined
> After this one.

One minor correction: "forking" actually is supposed to provide
propery synchronization too, as daemons that use double-forking to
daemonize should return in the parent only after the daemon is fully
initialized. THis is in fact what classic sysv init scripts rely on to
properly serialize startup of services that need to talk to each
other.