[systemd-devel] Installing user unit files.

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Mon Dec 8 10:46:18 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 07:31:07PM +0100, Rüdiger Sonderfeld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently in the process of adding a service file to GNU Emacs:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16507#26
To comment on the unit file itself:

> Description=Emacs: the extensible, customizable text editor - and more.
I think something which hints that this provides a shared instance
of emacs would be better than this generic blurb.
Maybe say something like 'Emacs in shared mode' or something. Also
keep in mind that this string is used in 'Starting %s...', 'Started %s.'
messages, so there should not be a dot a the end, and it really should
be a single phrase.

Would it be possible to make emacs socket-activated? This would be
a nice optimization, and the daemon could be configured to start
lazily, on first connection.

Zbyszek