[systemd-devel] Build error with 218 - undefined reference to `__start_BUS_ERROR_MAP'

Umut Tezduyar Lindskog umut at tezduyar.com
Fri Dec 12 01:07:26 PST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Matthias Urlichs <matthias at urlichs.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lennart:
>>
>> The idea is that any .c file linked into a binary can define
>> additional maps, and we collect them all simply by iterating through
>> __start_BUS_ERROR_MAP to __stop_BUS_ERROR_MAP.
>>
> Unless there are none of these entries.
>
> Umut: Does the cross compiling somehow not include any
> data that are in section BUS_ERROR_MAP?

This doesn't seem to be the case. I looked at the
libsystemd_la-bus-error.o and I have the BUS_ERROR_MAP section with
size 0x118 which matches with source code 32bit mips [1].

The __start_BUS_ERROR_MAP, __stop_BUS_ERROR_MAP symbols are in the
object file too as unresolved [2]. Somehow static linker doesn't
resolve the symbols to section begin/end.

Any other suggestions?

[1] - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_uiALgWpGXtSVpUR3pwcWNodGc&authuser=0
[2] - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_uiALgWpGXtNGFKSlR4VjN4MGM&authuser=0

Umut