[systemd-devel] Improving module loading

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 17:06:03 PST 2014

>> Those entries were most likely created by older versions of
>> debian-installer. The current version of debian-installer for
>> debian-installer should no longer add fuse or loop to /etc/modules.
>
> Here are the details:

[ .. ]
> [alison at bonnet ~]$ dlocate modules-load.d
> fuse: /lib/modules-load.d
> fuse: /lib/modules-load.d/fuse.conf

> [alison at bonnet ~]$ apt-cache show fuse
> Package: fuse
> Source: fuse (2.9.3-15)
> Version: 2.9.3-15+b1

The  /lib/modules-load.d/fuse.conf file should imo be dropped from the
fuse package, i.e. this looks like a genuine bug to me worth filing a
report.

> Can't remember when I installed this system: a year ago maybe?   But the
> installer was the one from the previous release.
> The date of the modules.conf and fuse.conf files is relatively recent,
> though.   Do you consider the appearance of these a bug?

The "loop" entry in /etc/modules, if still created by a recent
debian-installer, i'd consider a bug. If that happens, please do file
a bug.

If you installed the system with an older version of debian-installer,
you should clean up /etc/modules manually.

Michael

[1] https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

universe are pointed away from Earth?