[systemd-devel] Improving module loading

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 16:31:06 PST 2014

> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 4:00 AM, Alison Chaiken <alison at she-devel.com> wrote:
>> On my Debian Testing system, I see fuse, loop, lp, ppdev and
>> parport_pc.   The last 3 are related to printing, and presumably must

..

> fuse and loop are the perfect examples of modules that should not be
> in modules-load.d. Take a look in the output of 'kmod static-nodes'.
> All these dead nodes will be created by systemd during startup, but
> the module will only be loaded by the kernel when some one actually
> try to use them.

Those entries were most likely created by older versions of
debian-installer. The current version of debian-installer for
debian-installer should no longer add fuse or loop to /etc/modules.

Allison, if the /etc/modules entry was created by the (beta) jessie
d-i installer, please do file a bug report against the
debian-installer package.

universe are pointed away from Earth?