[systemd-devel] simple service shell script filling journal

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Dec 29 12:53:09 PST 2014

Am 29.12.2014 um 21:48 schrieb Larry Harmon:
>>> try "StandardOutput=null" inside [Service]
>
> Yes, this worked.  (not sure why)

because the service binary spits out that information to stdout instead
syslog and journald collects stout to not lose any message - otherwise
you would not be aware of errors from broken apps spit them to stdout
instead stderror

a sane intended to run as service app (meaning in background) would not
output messages to stdout - make a bugreport upstream