[systemd-devel] simple service shell script filling journal

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 15:46:10 PST 2014

On 12/29/2014 08:16 PM, Larry Harmon wrote:

> I am using a simple shell script, started by system, to set LEDs on a
> Marvell Armada 370 plug.
>
> The script uses a while loop with a "sleep 30" line

Hmm somehow using a script ( and a type service unit ) to accomplish
this does not sound right to me and I'm pretty sure greg k-h has the
correct way of achieving this but did you try fiddling with module options

/etc/modprobe.d/<module>.conf

options foo bar

Or find the trigger

cat /sys/class/leds/<foo>-led/trigger

Create an tmpfile

/etc/tmpfiles.d/<foo>-led.conf

w /sys/class/leds/<foo>-led/trigger - - - - <the trigger to be used>

systemd-tmpfiles --create <foo>-led.conf

And try that instead of writing a script to accomplish this?

( This might be a bug in the kernel/driver if this is not working
correctly or if you cant "tweak it" it with something like the above )

JBG