[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] It's release time!

David Timothy Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Wed Feb 19 11:22:47 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> did you see the changes I made to the cgroup mask propagation bits? I
> reworked some code there to make sure that the mask doesn't keep
> increasing, but actually can lose bits again if cgroup properties are
> unset. Now, as far as I can see I didn't break your scalibility changes,
> but I was wondering if you could give this a test run with your huge
> number of units setup?

I actually hadn't noticed them yet. I looked at them just now, and it
seems like the running time should be identical if controllers don't
get removed (and longer but actually correct if they do).

I'll test out master on a VM to ensure there's no major performance
regression. There's nothing complicated happening in our production
environment with cgroups and parents that I can't replicate on a test
machine.